New River Valley Hearing
Rediscover the moments you’ve missed.
Welcome to New River Valley Hearing
At New River Valley Hearing, we specialize in finding the perfect hearing solutions for people of all ages, lifestyles, and budgets. Our tailored approach combines advanced hearing testing, sophisticated technology, and caring, experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping you hear better.
Why Choose New River Valley Hearing?
Hearing loss affects approximately 48 million Americans to some degree. At our hearing center, we see people of all ages affected by hearing loss, even children! We take our time getting to know each patient, their needs, and finding a solution that is tailored to them. With years of combined experience and two convenient office locations in Radford and Floyd, VA, the experienced team at New River Valley Hearing should be your choice for hearing care.
We proudly serve veterans and are credentialed as a veteran’s community care provider!
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
- To begin your appointment, we will first have a conversation to get to know you better. We will ask you some questions and have you fill out an intake form that provides us with important medical and family information.
- After our conversation, we will look inside your ears at the eardrum and ear canal. We will look for impacted earwax, which we can remove in office, or for signs of an ear infection.
- Once we’ve determined your ears are clear, then the hearing test begins. The hearing test is easy and we will explain exactly what to expect. Assessing how well you can hear in quiet and noise will help us determine the exact degree of your hearing loss.
- After the hearing test, we will go over the results of your audiogram and give you a personalized demonstration of hearing aids. If you would like to try the hearing aids at home or in your own environments, we will let you take them home for a test drive.
- If you decide to move forward with hearing aids will expertly fit them to your unique ear shape and program them to meet your hearing prescription.